The tips are suitable for frying potatoes either an vegetable oil or in the ghee – they are versatile and give an excellent result. Potatoes, fried in vegetable oil is crunchy and each piece will retain the shape. Potatoes in the ghee will not be crispy, but will gain an incomparable nutty flavor and aroma. Now I use only ghee, because potatoe becomes really delicious and as a bonus it is more healthy.
1. Do not fry a lot of potatoes at once. Ideally – up to 3 layers in the pan. If the potatoes will be lying in the pan in 4-6 layers, it will rather boiled than roasted, and therefore will not be crispy and deformed with stirring. If You need to fry a lot, do it in two pans or in two passes.
2. Before frying, put sliced raw potatoes in cold water an leave it there for about 10 minutes, then wash well under running water. In this way you remove extra starch that gives the stickiness to the potatoes, it means potatoes will be more crispy.
3. Put the washed potatoes on a kitchen towel and dry thoroughly. The less moisture during frying, the crispy potatoes will be.
4. Do not stir too often. This secret has taught me in childhood my best friend :). We were at her house and fried potatoes after school, and I constantly tried to stir it:). My friend said: “Leave it alone” – and it really gave an excellent result. So: put raw sliced potatoes on a heated pan with oil and do not touch for some time – let each side of the potato slices fry well, then gently stir again and allow to fry furhter.
5. Do not add salt while frying. Do it when serving. In this case potatoes will not give out water when frying and will be crunchy and unbroken.
Today's visits: 1.